Saturday 30 August 2014

Midnight at The Pegasus Centre

Hello! My name is Midnight and I am a Cob. There are a number of Cob breeds that are popular in the UK but my stablemate Jen has told me that 'Cob' stands for:- 
Courageous
Outstanding
Beautiful
I am sure she made this up but I think that all RDA ponies are courageous and do an outstanding job. Some are more beautiful than others but I am keeping my opinions to myself!  
I am a fairly new arrival at the centre and have settled in very well. When it was decided that I would go to Hartpury with Gilly and Domino for the RDA National Championships, Sophie and Emily thought it would be a good idea for me to get in some practice beforehand. We went to Todburn Equestrian Centre in Northumberland and Niamh, who is 4, rode me. As I am over 14 hands high and she is very small and cute, I was very careful with her on my back. A well behaved performance secured my place at Hartpury and a few weeks later I was on my way! 
 
Gilly wrote about Hartpury in the previous post, but I would like to say a few words myself...
Here I am pictured with Domino at Hartpury. He can get very grumpy with me so I try and avoid making eye contact with him. I was also a bit cross that he got to wear the pink rug...
although I got to wear it briefly while sheltering from the rain!

The storm passed and the sun came out for Lloyd, aged 14, to ride me in level 1 show jumping and we came 4th. This was a very good result, especially as it was our first trip together to the RDA National Championships.
We were both back in action this week for an end of summer show at the centre and this time we came second in show jumping!
Please visit the facebook page on our website to see more pictures of me, my friends and all the riders who took part in our competition www.thepegasuscentre.org.uk
Courageous, Outstanding, Beautiful...

Absolutely!






2 comments:

  1. You are a super star midnight xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were amazing at Hartpury!!! We were so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete