Tuesday 8 March 2016

Hello... and Goodbye!

Hello blog readers!

Chico

I have enjoyed spending the past five years helping many RDA riders achieve so much. From sitting on me for the first time...

 
Chico and his rider, from 'Useful Vision' North East, lead the group 
 
to competing in dressage...

Chloe Wyatt competing in RDA Dressage

and learning to jump.

Ryan Gillespie competing in RDA Showjumping

All my RDA riders have grown in confidence...

Chloe Wyatt enjoying her first canter on Chico
and many have learnt to canter on me.

I have helped children and adults win rosettes in competitions...


and as I was the only hoist pony, I have been training Magic to take over from me.

Sophie Hurrell-Day with Chico and Magic


 I have even appeared on T-shirts and mugs!



So, now it is time to say goodbye. I am going to enjoy my retirement with Tim, an RDA volunteer, and his family. Tim's grandchildren will occasionally ride me, but hopefully my days will be spent eating grass!

Chloe on Chico

I will really miss the staff, volunteers, our amazing riders and most of all, my RDA stablemates. And I know they will continue to do the brilliant job that I have done for so many years...



and I feel sure they will all report on how my retirement is going!



No comments:

Post a Comment