Sunday 14 September 2014

It's Chico Time

Hello! My name is Chico and I have been at The Pegasus Centre for over three years now.
All RDA ponies have a quiet temperament, however I was trained as a hoist pony because I am more laid back and calm than most of my friends.        
 

Riders who are more suited to be mounted directly from their wheelchair have a harness securely fitted to them and this is attached to the hoist. With help from staff and volunteers, the hoist lifts the rider upwards from their wheelchair and towards where I am standing close by. They are then lowered slowly back down and positioned safely in the saddle. I have to stand very still until the rider is in the correct position on my back.
Sophie, who is an RDA instructor, will often say to riders just before they mount "It's Chico time!".  Domino told me that this is the title of a British number one hit recorded by a pop star called Chico.
Clearly Sophie thinks that I am a star pony!

I also love jumping and recently was ridden by RDA rider, Ryan Gillespie, in a competition at the centre.

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
Sophie walked the course with us both first.

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
Then we were off...

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
safely over the first jump...

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
 pink poles were not a problem...

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
we kept going at a nice steady pace...

picture courtesy of Lisa Gillespie
and over the last for a clear round.

Ryan (left) with James holding their rosettes. 

We came third in our class... brilliant!


Pinterest


I may not have recorded a number one hit, but I definitely have The X Factor!


www.thepegasuscentre.org.uk

 


No comments:

Post a Comment