Tuesday 4 November 2014

Dame Lily

Hello, my name is Blackwater Lily but my friends call me Lily. The Pegasus Centre has been my home for almost five years now. The Jobling-Purser family generously gifted me to Morpeth RDA Group and over the years I have helped many disabled people learn to ride. I have also had great success with riders at the RDA National Championships in Hartpury, Gloucestershire.
As I am getting older I have started to think about my retirement and wondering if I will be honoured  with a Damehood. I am not sure if horses are allowed to be called 'Dame', so I will need to check with our RDA President, HRH The Princess Royal, Princess Anne, who is a great supporter of RDA.
Perhaps I will get Sam Orde to put in a good word for me too.    
Derek riding Lily with Sophie leading
As it was the half term holiday last week, there was a competition at the centre. Derek and James both rode me in the dressage competition.
James riding Lily
James also rode me over ground poles in stage 1 RDA Showjumping.
James riding Lily in stage 1 RDA Showjumping
Ryan rode Chico in stage 2 RDA Showjumping as he can jump higher than me.
Ryan riding Chico in stage 2 RDA Showjumping
Derek, James and Ryan were all placed in their classes and received rosettes from Councillor Valerie Tyler.
James with Cllr. Val Tyler
Ryan with Cllr.Val Tyler
Please visit the Facebook page of our website www.thepegasuscentre.org.uk to see more photographs from our competition. Well done to all of the riders who took part!
Magic has recently joined the centre and did very well in his first competition...
unfortunately he will never be a Dame!









Many thanks to Lisa and David Gillespie and Susan Heads for taking photographs at the competition.

2 comments:

  1. Lily has a pretty head I love her little forelock very cute. It's nice to see the riders with their rosettes.

    Magic looks lovely has he had a post about him yet that I missed?

    Regards
    Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edward, thanks for your comments. I have written a post about our new horse George and what he gets up to with Magic.
      Thank you for reading about our ponies.
      Kind regards
      Abby

      Delete